- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
UNDP is at the forefront of today's development dialogue in championing the poor and disadvantaged. Our focus is on providing developing countries with knowledge-based consulting services and building national, regional and global coalitions for change. With a strong history of inclusion and consensus-building, UNDP has earned the trust and partnership of leaders across the developing world. We have a wide range of international opportunities at various levels; competitive salaries offered commensurate with experience.
UNDP does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, visa or other fee).
Many applications require a UNDP Personal History form (P11).
For more information, go to UNDP jobs site.
UNDP actively supports the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities adopted by the United Nations General Assembly. To learn more, please visit http://www.un.org/disabilities
Current vacancy annoucements with UNDP Bhutan
Deadline extension for Re-announcement for Consultancy Services
Post Title: Consultancy firm (in association with registered Bhutanese firm)
Contract Type: Consultancy firm
Duration: 40 weeks spread over 3.5 years (September 2014 – December 2017)
Assignment: Design and development of Climate-resilient Water Harvesting technologies for Rural Areas
Tarayana Foundation would like to seek the services of a qualified and experienced consultancy firm who will be attached with the Tarayana Secretariat.
The main objective of the consultancy is to conduct comprehensive analysis of water availability, water use and demand assessment including mapping of water sources and identification of appropriate and practical technologies for water harvesting at the community levels in the targeted project sites
- Mapping of watershed for target communities.
- Feasibility study of water availability, use and demand as well as projected climate change; impacts on water sources in the project targeted rural areas;
- Presentation and report on findings of feasibility study to the main stakeholders;
- Identification and selection of the most suitable technical options/ models of water harvesting, storage and distribution in the targeted rural areas;
- Training for Tarayana and Dzongkhag staff in suitable technical options/ models of water harvesting, storage and distribution in the targeted rural areas;
- On site supervision during implementation process; and
- Presentation and final report on best practices and recommendations for next phase
The following are the minimum qualifications and competencies required for the team leader:
- At least a Masters degree in sustainable water resources management, water harvesting technology, environment engineering, civil engineering, hydrology and any other relevant fields;
- At least 10 years of work experience in the concerned field;
- Extensive work experience in rural communities;
- Good knowledge about climate change and its impact on water resources including water harvesting technologies;
- Excellent training and communication skills including community mobilization and engagement
- Experience of working in mountain regions, preferably in the Himalayas
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Closing date: 10.30AM (Bhutan time) on 22 October 2014.
International Consultant for the “Review of Legislation from the Perspective of Enhancing Gender Equality in Elected Office
UNDP Country office in Bhutan would like to invite proposals from qualified individual consultants for review of legislation from the perspective of enhancing gender equality in elected office
Requirments for experince & qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the field of gender equality and law
- Master’s degree in law, gender studies or other relevant field
- Experience of developing national legislation and policies for government agencies
- Understanding of gender equality environment in the Asia-Pacific Region
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to communicate/translate ideas into structured formats
Proposal should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16th October 2014, 5 PM Bhutan Standard Time.
Vacancy Announcement - Security Guard (SB-1)
UNDP is seeking to recruit five Bhutanese Nationals as security guard for the UN Premises. Under the guidance and supervision of the Local Security Assistant and overall supervision of Designated Official, the Security Guard will assist in the implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security of the UN house, assets and UN personnels.
- Effective provision of physical security to UN House premises, UN personnel and assets.
- Preparation for and response to emergency situations.
Minimum Qualification & Competencies:
- Class VI level and above
- Applicable security, police and/or military training is desirable.
- 2 years relevant experience in security, preferably in the military, police or private sector, or related field of work.
- Able to speak, read and write in English, and spoken fluency in Dzongkha are required. Fluency in additional local languages would be an asset.
Closing date: 15 October 2014, Wednesday
Vacancy Announcement - Programme Associate (Fixed Term Appointment- G6)
UNDP is seeking to recruit a Bhutanese National as Programme Associate for Mitigation & Energy and Economic Integration & Innovation portfolios. Under direct matrix supervision of the Portfolio Managers of Mitigation & Energy and Economic Integration & Innovation), the Programme Associate ensures effective delivery of the CO programme by entering and managing data and supporting programme implementation consistent with UNDP rules and regulations. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UNDP HQs as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information.
- Support to formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the Country Programme Action Plan
- Support to management of the CO programme
- Administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Support to resource mobilization
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Minimum Qualification & Competencies:
- Secondary Education (Class XII Pass), preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance. University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and national language of the duty station.
Closing Date:15 October 2014, Wednesday
Announcement for an Invitation to Bid
The UNDP Country office in Bhutan wishes to solicit bids from potential vendors to supply the metallic parts for the improved stoves project to be delivered to the rural beneficiaries in the country.
The supplier is required to have the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar contracts
- Capacity to provide continued after-sales service as and when required
- The bidders must hold a valid Trade license
- Bid security: Nu. 360,000 in the form of draft/cash warrant in favor of UNDP, Bhutan
Interested Suppliers may collect the complete set of Invitation to Bid from UNDP procurement unit. For further information you may contact:
Ms. Tshering Palden
UNDP Procurement Associate
Job Listings in the Asia Pacific Region
Jobs & InternshipsHuman Resources Unit Phone: +975 2 322424
Email: email@example.com Fax: +975 2 322657
- United Nations in Bhutan 12 hours ago
- http://www.bt.undp.org/content/bhutan/en/home/presscenter/articles/2014/10/14/japan-undp-partnership-fund-towards-high-quality-arts-and-crafts-made-in-bhutan-/ 15 October AT 07:27 AM
- http://www.kuenselonline.com/online-game-with-unemployment-theme/#.VD0u4_mSzng 14 October AT 10:16 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook