- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 21 - 40 of 64
29 Mar 2014
Students and residents of Thimphu came together as part of the global movement UNDP organized to observe Earth Hour. The Centenary Park went black at 6.30 pm and people lit candles and lamps to observe the Earth Hour.
25 Mar 2014
In Thimphu as part of the global movement UNDP is partnering with Dorje Events to observe Earth Hour. The open event will take place at the Centenary Park in Chalingmithang and is targeting young children and the local community to participate in a lamp/lantern making session using a recycled jars and paints.
25 Mar 2014
Speaking to over forty participants, UNDP’s David Galipeau, Leader of Knowledge and Innovation Management Regional Team - Asia Pacific Regional Centre in Bangkok spoke on the vast potential of entrepreneurship and innovation in Bhutan.
20 Mar 2014
To mark the joyful occasion of the International Day of Happiness, UNDP signed a new project on the promotion of Brand Bhutan today. The project document was signed between the Gross National Happiness Commission (GNHC) and UNDP Bhutan.
20 Mar 2014
To mark the joyful occasion of the International Day of Happiness, UN staff and development partners in Bhutan joined the government in commemorating the event in a traditional style.
19 Mar 2014
19 March 2014, Thimphu; A new project on the promotion of Brand Bhutan will be signed between the Royal Government of Bhutan, UNDP Bhutan, supported by the Government of Japan through UNDP-Japan Partnership Fund on 20 March 2014. The project will be carried out by UNDP with the Ministry of Economic Affairs as the lead implementing partner. A total of USD 348,840 is allocated for 2014-2015 activities by the Japanese Government.
19 Mar 2014
The third of a series of on-going discussions under the umbrella UNDP Talks: Dialogues on Development was held on “Access to Justice” at the UN House today. Organized and led by UNDP Bhutan, Nicholas Booth, Policy Advisor from the Asia Pacific Regional Centre in Bangkok presented UNDP’s vast experiences with other countries on access to justice.
13 Feb 2014
The second of a series of development dialogues under the theme “UNDP Talks” took off today at the UN House. The relevance of the research for microfinance initiatives in Bhutan, including measuring wellbeing were some of the key discussion highlights.
05 Feb 2014
Promoting Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women: Strengthening Gender Responsive Budgeting in South Asia
Following a series of gender consultations and sensitization workshops since 2006, the regional inception workshop for Promoting Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women: Strengthening Gender Responsive Budgeting (GRB) in South Asia project is being introduced today to chalk out the methodology, work plan and way forward with the relevant stakeholders to ensure efficiency, equity and poverty reduction in Bhutan.
16 Jan 2014
The United Nations Development Programme, supported the LEP in drawing lessons from the 2013 elections to help improve processes and procedures in the electoral system, and to improve management of future elections.
20 Dec 2013
Bhutan, the United Nations Development Programme, and a range of development partners committed to reduce poverty, strengthen the economy, and sustainably develop infrastructure, at the recent 12th Round Table Meeting in Thimphu.
- 12 Dec 2013
12 Dec 2013
The United Nations pledged its support to help Bhutan meet its challenges over the next five years through the new One UN Programme, 2014-2018.
- 11 Dec 2013
11 Dec 2013
The Millennium Development Goals Acceleration Framework (MAF) Report on Youth and the Uniting for Youth Bhutan website were both launched at a special session of the 12th Round Table Meeting in Thimphu today.
09 Dec 2013
The CPB meeting co-hosted by the Gross National Happiness Commission and the UN System in Bhutan will examine major accomplishments, and look at how the next Bhutan One Programme can improve governance and better the lives of the people of Bhutan.
09 Dec 2013
Bhutan, the United Nations Development Programme, and a host of development partners will explore how to best meet the country’s economic and social priorities, at the 12th Round Table Meeting, in Thimphu on 11-12 December.
01 Dec 2013
United Nations System in Bhutan joins the global community in general and Bhutan in particular in commemorating this important international world AIDS with the theme “Getting to Zero – Together we are greater than AIDS - Gearing towards elimination of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV”.
25 Nov 2013
25 November, Phuentsholing - Over 60 women leaders from across Bhutan attended two week mediation training on the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). Led by the Bhutan National Legal Institute (BNLI) the workshop was organized to arm women with required mediation skills and techniques for effective interventions when disputes arose in their communities. The training was held in Phuentsholing.
25 Nov 2013
25 November, Phuentsholing - Initiated by the UN and in partnership with RENEW, the 2013 campaign on International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women (IDEVAW) was observed to highlight issues relevant to preventing and ending violence against women and girls in Phuentsholing.
Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: +975 2 322657
Contact UNDP in BhutanMedia Inquiries Phone: +975 2 322424
Mail: email@example.com Fax: +975 2 322657
Facebook UNDP in Bhutan
- UN Day 2014 in Bhutan 6 hours ago
- "Facilitating public-private partnerships for greater development impact. These pictures are taken during the MUJI mission. This renowned global retailing company's motto is to respect local culture and tradition. Some Bhutanese dyeing experts were applying so-called “modern methods” by using chemicals to stabilize coloring. MUJI experts from Japan reiterated that local people should keep their own traditional method of organic dyeing, and then, the company and the Agency for Promotion of Indigenous Crafts, will work further to bring such organic materials to higher standards, with consistency and creativity” The Mission team also invented “Bhutan purple” by utilizing local plants (see picture). UNDP provides practical support to local people, connecting hardworking local people with the market to upscale income generation opportunities. This project is supported by the Government of Japan. MUJI has a network of over 700 shops across the world, respecting for labor rights, human rights and environmental sustainability. Their business practice was showcased at the Business Call to Action, in advance of the UN General Assembly in New York in 2013.” 7 hours ago
- Post Title: Project Support Officer (Local) Contract Type: Service Contract – SB5/Peg 4 Duration: 1 Year (renewable) Duties and Responsibilities: UNDP is seeking to recruit a Bhutanese National as Project Support Officer for BCPR project. Under direct matrix supervision of the PM (CC Adaptation DRR, UNDP) and Director (DDM), the project support Officer ensures effective delivery …… Key Functions: - Support effective coordination and implementation of the Response and Recovery Preparedness Project - Ensure administrative and reporting functions - Ensure quality management services and facilitate Knowledge Building and Management Minimum Qualification & Competencies: - Bachelor’s degree (candidates with Master’s degree will be given preference) -Minimum of 5 years working experience in project management and coordination in the field of disaster risk reduction and management related programmes; -Good knowledge and familiarity with the work of the UN; - Experience with UNDP project reporting requirements would be preferred; - Broad understanding of the current global discourse on disaster risk reduction and climate change issues; - Experience with coordination at different levels; - Experience in report writing and financial management in a project environment; - Ability to interact and network with key nodal departments, technical/scientific agencies and other stakeholders. Good facilitation and presentation skills and ability to represent the organization at seminars, workshops and other events; - Strong reporting, writing and oral communication skills in English. Knowledge of one regional language will be an asset; - Experience of association with developing/assessing/evaluating policies, programmes and frameworks related to disaster risk reduction and management, climate risk management, and related subjects desirable; - Proficiency with computer and web applications including web-search and developing/managing content for project website. Excellent working knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Intra-Internet, e-mail applications etc. Knowledge of other applications such as Front Page, Publisher and some multimedia tools would be useful though not mandatory; - Excellent community mobilization, networking and partnership development and collaboration skills including experience of working with administrative systems at local/state/national levels; - Ability to multi-task and work in a team, good inter-personal skills and flexible attitude and work well under pressure; - Ability to liaise and work with people of different backgrounds and nationalities. - Fluency in spoken and written English and national language of the duty station. Closing date: 5 November 2014, Wednesday Apply to: Please submit application letter, CV & Personal History Form (P11 Form) to firstname.lastname@example.org Female candidates are strongly encouraged to Apply Detailed job description and the Personal History form is available at the HR unit, UNDP NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW 7 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook UNDP in Bhutan