- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 41 - 60 of 64
20 Nov 2013
Thimphu, 20 November 2013 – UNDP with the Ministry of Labor and Human Resources (MoLHR) held the MDG Acceleration Framework (MAF) workshop in the capital to prioritize interventions for addressing youth unemployment in Bhutan. The workshop validated bottlenecks and prioritized strategic interventions on the action plan to address youth unemployment in the country.
20 Nov 2013
Paro, 20 November 2013 – UNDP with the National Commission of Women and Children (NCWC) will hold a consultation on the National Action Plan for Women’s Political Equality in Paro to prioritize socio-legal protection of women, economic empowerment and gender equality from 21-22 November. This effort is translated through gender mainstreaming efforts at legal and policy interventions and advocacy and awareness programs supported by UNDP Bhutan.
19 Nov 2013
Paro, 19 November 2013 – UNDP with the National Commission of Women and Children (NCWC) will hold a consultation on the National Action Plan for Women’s Political Equality in Paro to prioritize socio-legal protection of women, economic empowerment and gender equality during 21-22 November.
18 Nov 2013
Thimphu, 18 November 2013 – UNDP with the Ministry of Labor and Human Resources (MoLHR) will be organizing the MDG Acceleration Framework (MAF) workshop at Hotel Migmar to prioritize interventions for addressing youth unemployment in Bhutan.
15 Nov 2013
15 November, Thimphu – UNDP is undertaking an assessment to prepare for future programming with civil society and media in Bhutan. A series of workshops, surveys and consultations will be carried out in November to assess the strengths and constraints for civil society and media to promote people’s participation in democratic processes, public dialogue and discourse in Bhutan.
29 Oct 2013
As we gather here today to discuss and deliberate further on the formulation of National Entrepreneurship Strategy for Bhutan, I would like to urge everyone to take this opportunity to share knowledge and experiences on the role of entrepreneurship development in stimulating growth and development in Bhutan.
24 Oct 2013
United Nations Day is a chance to recognize the organization’s contributions to peace and common progress. The day is important to reflect on what has been achieved and what more can be done for a better world.
07 Oct 2013
Over two days, UNDP facilitated sessions in the government’s orientation programme for National Council and National Assembly members. A half-day session was held with National Council members on 3rd October 2013, and a two-hour session with National Assembly members on 7th October 2013.
17 Sep 2013
With support from UN Women and UNDP, the Bhutan National Legal Institute (BNLI) is conducting a two-week mediation training for 61 women local leaders from eleven dzongkhags in Paro.
15 Sep 2013
This year the theme adopted by the UN for the International Democracy Day is ‘Strengthening the Voices for Democracy’. The UN system has been undertaking global and national consultations, including in Bhutan, on the vision of development beyond Millennium Development Goals’ target date of 2015.
15 Sep 2013
Following the global theme "Strengthening Voices for Democracy", in partnership with the Institute of GNH Studies (IGNHaS) and UNDP Bhutan, the International Day of Democracy was observed at the Paro College of Education. The event was designed to understand the importance of bringing youth issues and concerns to the forefront of policy debate.
12 Sep 2013
New York, 11 September 2013—The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) launched its Asia-Pacific Regional Report ‘Leveraging Change for Better Lives’ in New York today, highlighting a string of successful programmes implemented between 2008 and 2012 in the region.
06 Sep 2013
For the first time in Bhutan, more than 30 representatives from the media, justice system and government gathered this week in Thimphu to discuss the relationship between the media and the judiciary, and the role of both institutions in ensuring greater public understanding of the law and legal rulings.
06 Sep 2013
A strong, independent judiciary and media each play distinct and important roles in a democratic society. A good working relationship between the two, based on mutual respect and understanding, can help ensure that a delicate balance of informing the public and administering justice is struck.
03 Sep 2013
New York, 2 September, 2013 - Mr. Haoliang Xu assumes his role as the new Director of the Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) today.
31 Jul 2013
The new UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative Ms. Christina Carlson presented her credentials to Lyonpo Rinzin Dorji, Minister of Foreign Affairs at the Gyalyong Tshokhang this morning.
25 Apr 2013
On April 25, UNDP's Energy, Environment and Disaster Management Unit organized a Gender Scoping Workshop in Thimphu to create awareness among staff, implementing partners and beneficiaries about gender issues in development.
12 Apr 2013
On April 12, in Thimphu, a further consultation took place as part of the UN System in Bhutan and the Royal Government of Bhutan's Post-2015 National Consultation process. This stage of the ongoing consultations was addressed towards development stakeholders in the country, with attendees from government, civil society and NGOs, autonomous agencies, dratshang, private sector, media, youth and UN staff.
03 Apr 2013
3 April, Thimphu | The 2013 Human Development Report (HDR) themed “The Rise of the South: Human Progess in a Diverse World” highlights the unprecedented rate of economic development in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
04 Mar 2013
In March of 2013, members of the UN Country Team in Bhutan joined The Bhutanese Broadcasting Service (BBS) in a tour around the country in order to take part in the international Post-2015 Consultations, arranged by the UN Development Group.
Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: +975 2 322657
Contact UNDP in BhutanMedia Inquiries Phone: +975 2 322424
Mail: email@example.com Fax: +975 2 322657
Facebook UNDP in Bhutan
- UN Day 2014 in Bhutan 16 hours ago
- "Facilitating public-private partnerships for greater development impact. These pictures are taken during the MUJI mission. This renowned global retailing company's motto is to respect local culture and tradition. Some Bhutanese dyeing experts were applying so-called “modern methods” by using chemicals to stabilize coloring. MUJI experts from Japan reiterated that local people should keep their own traditional method of organic dyeing, and then, the company and the Agency for Promotion of Indigenous Crafts, will work further to bring such organic materials to higher standards, with consistency and creativity” The Mission team also invented “Bhutan purple” by utilizing local plants (see picture). UNDP provides practical support to local people, connecting hardworking local people with the market to upscale income generation opportunities. This project is supported by the Government of Japan. MUJI has a network of over 700 shops across the world, respecting for labor rights, human rights and environmental sustainability. Their business practice was showcased at the Business Call to Action, in advance of the UN General Assembly in New York in 2013.” 17 hours ago
- Post Title: Project Support Officer (Local) Contract Type: Service Contract – SB5/Peg 4 Duration: 1 Year (renewable) Duties and Responsibilities: UNDP is seeking to recruit a Bhutanese National as Project Support Officer for BCPR project. Under direct matrix supervision of the PM (CC Adaptation DRR, UNDP) and Director (DDM), the project support Officer ensures effective delivery …… Key Functions: - Support effective coordination and implementation of the Response and Recovery Preparedness Project - Ensure administrative and reporting functions - Ensure quality management services and facilitate Knowledge Building and Management Minimum Qualification & Competencies: - Bachelor’s degree (candidates with Master’s degree will be given preference) -Minimum of 5 years working experience in project management and coordination in the field of disaster risk reduction and management related programmes; -Good knowledge and familiarity with the work of the UN; - Experience with UNDP project reporting requirements would be preferred; - Broad understanding of the current global discourse on disaster risk reduction and climate change issues; - Experience with coordination at different levels; - Experience in report writing and financial management in a project environment; - Ability to interact and network with key nodal departments, technical/scientific agencies and other stakeholders. Good facilitation and presentation skills and ability to represent the organization at seminars, workshops and other events; - Strong reporting, writing and oral communication skills in English. Knowledge of one regional language will be an asset; - Experience of association with developing/assessing/evaluating policies, programmes and frameworks related to disaster risk reduction and management, climate risk management, and related subjects desirable; - Proficiency with computer and web applications including web-search and developing/managing content for project website. Excellent working knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Intra-Internet, e-mail applications etc. Knowledge of other applications such as Front Page, Publisher and some multimedia tools would be useful though not mandatory; - Excellent community mobilization, networking and partnership development and collaboration skills including experience of working with administrative systems at local/state/national levels; - Ability to multi-task and work in a team, good inter-personal skills and flexible attitude and work well under pressure; - Ability to liaise and work with people of different backgrounds and nationalities. - Fluency in spoken and written English and national language of the duty station. Closing date: 5 November 2014, Wednesday Apply to: Please submit application letter, CV & Personal History Form (P11 Form) to firstname.lastname@example.org Female candidates are strongly encouraged to Apply Detailed job description and the Personal History form is available at the HR unit, UNDP NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW 17 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook UNDP in Bhutan