Thimphu, Bhutan - The UNDP Administrator, Achim Steiner, will be in the country to co-chair the 14th Round Table Meeting (RTM) with the Lyonpo Dr. Tandin Dorji, Minister, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Royal Government of Bhutan which will take place in Thimphu from 12 to 14 March 2019.
The RTM, organized by the Royal Government and in collaboration with United Nations in Bhutan, is the highest forum for policy dialogue. It provides an opportunity to deepen understanding and partnerships through sharing of development experiences including successes, challenges and future priorities.
'Enhancing Happiness and Sustainable Development through Partnerships' as the theme of the 14th RTM, the forum will;
- Sensitize development partners on the 12th FYP: the last plan as an LDC to address the last mile challenges and consolidate development gains.
- Take stock of Bhutan’s developmental progress, challenges and future priorities, including smooth graduation.
- Acknowledge and appreciate the contribution of development partners, while also assessing remaining financing gaps, and strengthening foundations for continued and future partnerships in Bhutan’s socio-economic development;
- Leverage the opportunity presented by the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs to set out a joint vision of Bhutan’s socio-economic development through effective partnerships; and
- Explore possible financing windows and opportunities for Bhutan in its efforts on the path of Sustainable Development and in line with the Addis Ababa Action Agenda.
For more information or media inquiries, please contact:
Dechen Wangmo, Communications Analyst, UNDP Bhutan, tel: +975 322424 ext: 135, email: email@example.com;